Alumni & Friends Association
The Edison HS Alumni & Friends Association meets 6 times per year to socialize and to generate funding for the Book Award Program. In the first year of operation, the association was able to provide the school $300 for book awards which was split between three students. Since that first year, the association has given over $6000 in book awards to Edison High School graduating seniors. Money is raised during the luncheons, through sales of school-related items, and through donations. All previous graduation classes are invited. For more information and to get on the email list, please contact:
Mr. Harry Gilbert, firstname.lastname@example.org; 215-588-9717 (call/text).
- May 6, 2019: Book Signing at Vietnam Veterans of America, Liberty Bell Chapter 266, 1517 E. Luzerne St., Philadelphia, PA 19124, 7 PM. Meet the author of Edison 64 – A Tragedy in Vietnam and at Home, Richard Sand. Book pre-sales at www.edison64.org.
- May 17, 2019: Annual Memorial Ceremony at Edison High School. Arrive by 8:30 am, Ceremony commences at 9:10 am. Guest Speaker: Col. Rick Kiernan, US Army Vietnam Veteran. Please RSVP by May 3, 2019. For more information contact Darryrl Johnson at email@example.com.
- May 8, 2019 at Edison HS Owl’s Nest at Noon. Enter through main door on Luzerne St. Must have photo ID. Be prepared to go through a scanning process. Please RSVP through Harry Gilbert.
- July 10, 2019 at Michael’s Restaurant. Please RSVP through Harry Gilbert.
Current Alumni Members
- Harry Gilbert, Class of ’68 – President
- Dr. Darryl Johnson, Class of ’72 – Vice President
- Jim Lonergan, Class of ’64 – Secretary & Treasurer
- Bob Reilly, Class of ’64 – President of Friends component
- How do I get a membership card? – Get a membership card at any of the luncheons, via U.S. Mail, or from a current member. The dues schedule is $10 (yearly), $50 (decade), $100 (lifetime).
- When did the Edison HS Alumni & Friends Association start? It began in the summer of 2012.
- How can I donate to the Book Award fund? – Checks made out to Harry Gilbert can be mailed to 1311 Sycamore Avenue, Croydon, PA 19021. Checks made out to Edison High School can be mailed to 151 W. Luzerne St., Philadelphia, PA 19140. The memo portion should say Alumni Book Awards.