Ms. Santiago, Rm. 317 – All 9th grade students and 10th grade ESOL students
Mr. Humphrie, Rm. 237 – 10th grade students, 11th grade students last names N-Z
Ms. Munoz, Rm. 112 – All 12th grade students, 11th grade students last names A-M, and 11th grade ESOL students
Work Ready Applications – 2018 SUMMER WORK READY APPLICATION NOW OPEN! APPLY TODAY!
This program provides Philadelphia’s youth with a summer job and workshops to prepare to enter the workforce. Make sure to use UAC’s referral codes S125.
We offer two program models:
Work Experience Program: Ages 14-18; no prior experience required; predominately social services sector placements. Important: When applying, use the UAC referral code S125.
Internship Program: Ages 14-18; prior job experience, resume, and interviews required; private sector placements. Important: When applying, use the UAC referral code S125.
1. The online application is the first step. Make sure you receive a confirmation email stating your application has been submitted. The program is competitive. Application does not guarantee acceptance.
2. The enrollment process is step two. We will begin in April. UAC SummerWorkReady staff will review your online application and contact you to schedule an enrollment date. Please check the email address you used for the online application. Email is the main way that we will contact you. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of applying, please call 215-851-1800.
Prior to the enrollment process, you should gather all necessary documents (bold items are required, some may substitute for others), including:
- Copy of your Birth Certificate
- Copy of US Passport
- Copy of your School ID [Copy of report card may be acceptable]
- Copy of your PA State ID
- Official Philadelphia Work Permit** (fully filled out, stamped and signed)
- Copy of US Social Security Card
PLEASE NOTE: This year, there are no slots available for applicants 19 years old or over (college students are not eligible). All applicants must reside in the City of Philadelphia.
For more information about the enrollment process and timeline, please visitwww.uac.org/youthemployment. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org us at 215-851-1800 (Please leave a message if we miss your call. We will get back to you).
UAC Summer WorkReady Staff